Multi Skilled Engineering Apprentice
Location: Newport – Duffryn
Starts: September 2023
Who we are
IQE is the leading supplier of compound semiconductor wafer products and advanced material solutions to the global semiconductor industry. IQE is essential to technology growth markets, as the only compound semiconductor epitaxy foundry with a global footprint and proven ability to manufacture at scale.
IQE’s vision is to be the best advanced semiconductor materials solutions company in the world. Being best means delivering outstanding quality, service, technology and value such that we become the first-choice supplier for all our customers.
IQE’s strength lies in the expertise and diversity of our workforce. This is supported by our culture of integrity, accountability, excellence, valuing people and teamwork.
About the role
Are you a passionate and enthusiastic individual, seeking to begin an engineering career that offers long-term employment prospects, and great career development opportunities?
You will gain hands on experience while gaining a recognised qualification, as you develop and progress you will be responsible for providing hands-on Equipment Engineering support by maintaining the MOCVD reactors and associated systems in terms of corrective and preventative maintenance, accurately recording maintenance events – ensuring equipment performance.
Key duties/responsibilities throughout the apprenticeship and once qualified entail;
- Maximize Machine “Up – time “of all equipment necessary for production
- Return machine to “safe and capable” status
- Maintenance of various electrical, mechanical and pressure systems, carry out corrective maintenance and preventative maintenance as per documented procedures
- The day to day maintenance of MOVCD manufacturing systems
- Continual improvement of reliability and performance of systems and equipment
- To service and refurbish various machine component to the required standards
- To follow set work instructions when carrying out machine source material changes
- To pursue personal objective decided at appraisal and maintain a list of “to do jobs” that may be undertaken in any period of slack during shift, also ensuring all work carried out are documented on CMMS
- Adhering to all internal safety, HR, environmental and quality guidelines and procedures
- Mechanical / Electrical / Electronic aptitude and experience
- Able to prioritise effectively, make decisions and take decisive actions quickly under pressure
- Excellent attitude to H&S
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strive for Excellence
- Flexibility and resilience
- Personal motivation
- Team Working
- Professional responsibility
Why should you join us?
We have been awarded ‘Ones to Watch’ by Best Companies defined as ‘good levels of workplace engagement and showing promising signs for the future’.
We have established an Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) Board Committee, that will oversee the execution of our ESG strategy.
We give back and have multiple initiatives underway supporting local and communities and global charities.
All our employees benefit from:
- Long Term Incentive Plans (LTIPs)
- Professional Development and career pathways
- Bonus plans – quarterly or annual (role dependent)
- Market competitive base salaries reviewed bi-annually
- Attractive pension plans
- Income protection – Permanent Health Insurance (PHI)
- Long service awards 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 years
- Hybrid and flexible working (role dependent)
- Values-based recognition awards
- Health Cash Plan includes discounts with high street brands
- Cycle to work plan (includes E-bikes)
- Employee Assistance Programme (Free family, legal, financial and counselling support 24/7 Access to second medical opinion and unlimited access to a remote GP)
- Life assurance 4x salary
- Access to workplace Mental Health First Aiders/wellbeing rooms
- #mypersonalhour incentive
IQE is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity at all levels. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter and a copy of your CV to: email@example.com
Please title your email ‘IQE Apprenticeship’