Industrial Automation & Control Ltd., the UK’s leading independent systems integrator of PLC systems, variable speed drives & Scada systems is looking to expand its team with the addition of 3 Apprentices.
IAC is searching for a number of enthusiastic and hardworking apprentices to join their team. There are 3 apprenticeships on offer in three disciplines as follows:
Electrical Craft (Electrician): ideal for someone who enjoys working hands on, is a logical thinker and has ambitions of becoming an electrician. The apprentice will study a Btec OND, PEO Level 2, NVQ Level 3 and an Electrical Installation Level 3 or equivalent course. Graduating apprentices can continue within the Production department as an Electrical Fitter. This role includes building and wiring control panels, along with some site work installing the panels on customer sites throughout the UK.
Electrical Design (Draughting) Engineering: this pathway is suited to someone who enjoys solving problems, working on Computer Aided Design (CAD) and has good attention to detail. The apprentice will study a Btec OND, PEO Level 2, NVQ Level 3 and HNC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering. Progression on to the Engineering Technician scheme which comes with further training including HND and Degree is possible after completing the 4 years. Graduating apprentices will have an opportunity to become a Technician and eventually an Engineer in our Drawing Office working with Design Engineers to produce the Technical drawings.
Electrical Engineering: ideal for someone who likes solving problems, has strong analytical skills and is keen to learn more about how complex control systems are designed. The apprentice will study a Btec OND, PEO Level 2, NVQ Level 3 and HNC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering. Progression on to a technician scheme which comes with further training including HND and Degree is possible after completing the 4 years. Graduating apprentices will have an opportunity to become a Technician in our Service or Engineering departments with the aim to become a Service or Design Engineer.
2022 Salary grades:
Year 1: £14,305.20 per annum
Year 2: £16,957.84 per annum
Year 3: £19,488.86 – £19,775.51 (depending on pathway – Craft/Draughting/Engineering)
Year 4: £22,272.99 – £23,071.43 (depending on pathway – Craft/Draughting/Engineering)
1) To learn all aspects of IAC’s business to the highest possible level of achievement.
2) To liaise in a respectful and co-operative manner with all employees at IAC, members of IAC’s appointed training provider and staff at the appointed educational establishment attended.
3) To complete all agreed training on time and to the best of your ability.
4) To undertake any reasonable task requested of them from any responsible person within the IAC organisation.
Qualifications & Qualities
1) Possession of the appropriate academic qualifications: Electrical engineering role – equivalent to at least five C’s at GCSE including Maths, English Language and a Science.
2) The ability to communicate coherently with others.
3) The drive and ambition to become an electrical engineer/technician